Arkansas Natural Resources Commission Approves District Council Elections
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KAIT) — The Arkansas Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Commission approved 25 Conservation District Council elections at its March 16 meeting, officials said Thursday.
In a press release, officials said conservation districts provide locally directed conservation of the state’s land and water resources.
Each district is governed by a board of five trustees, three elected by resident landowners and two appointed by the Natural Resources Commission.
“Many state and federal conservation programs are made available by conservation districts,” said Chris Colclasure, director of the Division of Natural Resources. “They provide technical assistance and resources to landowners in their counties, and local council members play a particularly important role in managing district affairs and personnel,” Colclasure said.
The results of the 25 Conservation District Council elections are as follows:
- Baxter County –Sherrie Bufford, Sally Hall, Mark Keaton
- Calhoun County –John Beasley, Jeremy Martin, Robert Moore
- District of Cossatot –David Shipman, Brian Walker, Josh Walker
- Craighead County – Jerry Clark, Greg Nall, Bradley Wallace
- Dallas County – David Brazeale, Brenda Garrett, Donny White
- Faulkner County – Michael Dickey, John Harrington, Jeremy Riddle
- Garland County – Davin Anderson, Doug Meredith, David Parker
- Hempstead County – Clay Antley, Keith Fry, Kenneth Knoll
- Monroe County –Doug Mayhue, Samuel Medford, Todd Smith
- Nevada County – Amy Cowling, Chance Cummings, Cory Dice
- Newton County – Frankie Breedlove, Murl Bryant, JD Hill
- Ouachita County – Erma Brown, Sequoyah Browning, Perry Richard
- Perry County – Karen Brazil, Kim Thibodaux
- Philips County – James Kemmer, Chris Warren, Michael Taylor, Jr.
- pike county – Doug Brown, Jason Morris, Dos Walker
- Pope County – Jim Ed Gibson, Charles Harms, Charles David Oates
- Prairie County –William Anderson, Tony Richards, Ellen Seidentricker
- Pulaski County – John Crabtree, Fredrick Nickerson, Trey Rosenbaum
- Randolph County – Matt Hibbard, Joe Steimel, Josh White
- Sebastian County – Jim Burgess, Shawn Efurd, Jeremy May
- Sharp County – Zack Baxter, John Katrosh, Charles Kunkel
- stone county –Owen Brickell, Daniel Morrison, Terry Stewart
- Union County – Eveann George, JK Rudder
- Van Buren County –Steve Bone, Bill Isom, Debbie Jones
- Washington County – Sharon Arthur, Richard Allen Shumate, Caye Stubbing Mott
In addition to approving district council elections, officials said the Commission also proceeded with the appointment of four new council members and the reappointment of five council members to the Conservation District Councils.
Districts with newly appointed council members
- clay county -David Ballard
- Lawrence County -Heath Teil
- Logan County – Isaiah Hattabaugh and Newton Koch
Districts with reappointed council members
- Faulkner County –Steve Martin
- Randolph County – Kevin Brown
- rich mountain –Duan Webb
- County of St. Francis –John McDaniel
- stone county –Barton Foll
You can find more information about the Natural Resources Division’s conservation programs by clicking here.
Copyright 2022 KAIT. All rights reserved.