A house that was originally located on the Texas A&M campus gets the 108th historic marker for the city of College Station.
Historic Preservation Committee Chairman Gerald Burgner made the presentation at the last Anderson-Dresser House City Council meeting at 501 Fairview. The house was originally located at 281 Ferguson Street, which no longer exists. The approximate location of the original site would be near Wellborn Road between Joe Routt and Old Main.
The structure was built in 1911 and was later the home of Col. Frank G. Anderson, a Texas A&M track coach who coached the 1956 Olympics. Anderson also served as the second mayor of College Station from 1940 to 42.
Among those attending the presentation was Anderson’s son Frank Jr.
The house was also occupied by City Councilor Linda Harvell, whose parents purchased the house in 1954, as well as State Chemist R. Treichler and College Station City Secretary NM McGinnis.
Click HERE to read and download the presentation from the College Station City Council meeting on August 26, 2021.
Click below to hear the presentation from the College Station City Council meeting on August 26, 2021. Speakers are Gerald Burgner and Linda Harvell.